Thursday, February 9, 2017

Compassion for ALL




I was just sitting here thinking how different we all are, and how each of our lives is so valuable and precious, yet so very, very different.  What's important to me may not even show up on your radar, and vice versa.

There's just so much going on.  I like to people watch (from a safe distance!)  Like when we all went to the zoo for Jacob’s birthday.  Doug and Jacob rode the train; I waited for them in the center of the zoo on a park bench and watched the people go by. I always wonder who they are, what they're doing or thinking.  I try to guess; I am probably wrong.

Sometimes I have so much pain in my heart that I want to just scream and yell at the world for going on like nothing is happening when there is so much sadness and pain all around me. 

I just want to MAKE people wake up and pay attention and see that it's not all about them...and it's not all about me.  It's about US.  It's about HIM. It’s about Jesus.  It’s about His sacrifice and our desperate need of being saved.

There is so much going on all over the world…terror and horror and murder and disease and war.  And every single one of those things has something in common:  People.  There are people who are terrorized, and people who are doing the terrorizing.

There are people who are being murdered, and people who are doing the murdering.

There are people, children, parents, friends; people just like you, just like me…suffering horribly at the mercy of some insidious disease…and there are people standing by, just watching, helpless to stop it.

We need to support each other, not rip each other apart!  We need to love one another, and pray for each other, not knock each other down the moment we have a chance! 

15 Rejoice with those who rejoice, weep with those who weep. 16 Live in harmony with one another. Do not be haughty, but associate with the lowly. Never be wise in your own sight. 17 Repay no one evil for evil, but give thought to do what is honorable in the sight of all.” Romans 12:15-17 ESV

We may have different opinions

or religions

or temperaments

or lifestyles

or personalities

but we are all people; children of God.

It could have been me that had to throw my child onto a helicopter, praying he could be rescued from dying of thirst… It could have been you that was captured by a terrorist group and killed.  It could have been your brother.  Or my father… Or…

2 “Bear (endure, carry) one another’s burdens and troublesome moral faults, and in this way fulfill and observe perfectly the law of Christ (the Messiah) and complete what is lacking [in your obedience to it].
For if any person thinks himself to be somebody [too important to condescend to shoulder another’s load] when he is nobody [of superiority except in his own estimation], he deceives and deludes and cheats himself.”
Galatians 6:2-3 AMP

1 comment:

mom said...

I just found your blog. The love and compassion you have for others is a wonderful example of Jesus. The state of hate in our world right now is so heartbreaking. It makes me want to climb in a hole somewhere away from it, but I need to be more like you, speaking light into the world. (Matthew 5:14-16)

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...