Friday, November 30, 2018

Book Review: "Beloved: 365 Devotions for Young Women" by Lindsay Franklin


What a precious book, y'all.  Each day of the year has a Bible verse, a short devotion, and a small space for journaling.  I do mean small...that's my only issue with this book.  It says it has "journaling space to help readers reflect on the day's message."  There are 4 small lines at the end of each day. So you're not going to write a book, but maybe a short prayer? 

If you're not that into journaling anyway, the Kindle edition might be right up your alley!  And right now on amazon it's only $1.99!

Each devotion speaks to an area of a young woman's life:  insecurity, jealousy, making mistakes, being humble, being flexible, feeling loved, strength, hope, etc. using female examples from the Bible.  For example, on back to back days a young lady can read about Leah and Rachel, sisters in the Bible who were married to one man.

Leah wasn't as loved as Rachel, so it speaks to insecurity and how God takes care of us in a special way, *especially* when we feel unloved. (If you are unfamiliar with the story of Jacob, Leah and Rachel you can read it in Genesis.)  God allowed Leah to have many sons, while Rachel was barren for a long time.  Rachel was the love of Jacob's life.  She had his love; but she *wanted* his children. So Rachel's story speaks to jealousy.

This book is a great devotion for teenage girls, or maybe a little older young ladies, especially if they are newer to the faith as it isn't really "heavy" spiritually.

You can purchase this book on amazon HERE. 

Disclaimer:  I received this book at no charge in exchange for my fair and honest opinion.

1 comment:

kate said...

As a sign of gratitude for how my son was saved from fibromyalgia , i decided to reach out to those still suffering from this.
My son suffered fibromyalgia in the year 2013 and it was really tough and heartbreaking for me because he was my all and the symptoms were terrible, he always complain of joint stiffness, and he always have difficulty falling asleep . we tried various therapies prescribed by our neurologist but none could cure him. I searched for a cure and i saw a testimony by someone who was cured and so many other with similar body problem, and they left the contact of this doctor who had the cure to fibromyalgia . I never imagined fibromyalgia has a natural cure not until i contacted him and he assured me my son will be fine. I got the herbal medication he recommended and my son used it and in one months time he was fully okay even up till this moment he is so full of life. fibromyalgia has a cure and it is a herbal cure contact the doctor for more info on drwilliams098675@gmail.com on how to get the medication. Thanks for reading my testimony.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...