Tuesday, January 13, 2009

I Thought Only North Dakota Got Below Zero

Good grief. It is cold. And it is snowing! A lot. Well aren't I profound.

The blurring snow flying sideways has fogged my brain. It's only half way through January, and the walls are already closing in. Jacob was in rare form this morning. He woke up on the WRONG side of the crib, for sure! He was so cranky he didn't know which end was up. We finally got downstairs (I had to half drag him!) and he was just beside himself. REE-dic-ulous.
He is usually a teeny bit cranky in the morning, but this was beyond cranky. This was downright ugly. (It was kinda cute though, because his little eyes are always puffy when he first wakes up.)

Then he took a 20 minute nap this afternoon. Why bother. We played play-doh. We read Diego. We colored pictures. We did puzzles. We looked at cards. We looked at animal pictures. We caught pretend butterflies and transferred them from the canning shelf in the kitchen to Jacob's bus in the dining room. Naturally.

He is hysterical though....last night he said, "That's okay, Mommy, I know what I will do." I'm like, who are you and where is my two year old??? And now he greet us "Howdy Partner Mommy! Howdy Partner Daddy!" He cracks me up.

Anywho...I really can't believe we're going to have ACTUAL temperatures below zero. That's like Fargo territory. I can't even see my road anymore. And it's not dark yet. Doug got home late from work and had to immediately go out and plow. I wonder if my chickens are still alive?!?! We do have a heater in there...but still. Brrrrr!!! Maybe we'll have frozen chicken for dinner! Just kidding.

Well, try to stay warm!!

3 comments:

Joanna said...

I bet the chickens are alive but out of protest they won't lay eggs.

I'm in love with our woodburning stove!

Renee said...

I don't know where you live, but I am living in the midwestm and tonight it is going to be -24 with wind chills at -45....I have lived in MT., MN and a few other cold states but where we are now is not usually like this!
Hope your chickens survive....makes me very thankful for a warm home...
Renee

Kerri said...

The chickens are okay...I asked Doug about that...I don't really want to bring them in, but if it's that or they die, I'll bring them in! THey've been laying 12-16 eggs, yesterday was 9...

I live in Michigan, Renee. TOday is supposed to be high of 7. Whooo-hooo!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...