Things I’m Learning as a Mom
* Two year old boys NEVER run out of energy.
* Children really do inherit both good AND bad traits of their parents. Well, of their father, anyway. : )
* Using an electric clippers on a squirmy two year old boy will inevitably lead to bald spots.
* I never thought I’d get sick of hearing “Mommy.”
* You CAN spend TOO much time with your child.
* Two year old boys are prone to do the exact opposite of what you ask.
* When Jacob grabs my face in his little hands and says, “I love you Mommy” the whole world melts away.
* Running in circles around Mommy while she is trying to do the dishes is GREAT fun.
* Watching my sleeping child evokes emotion deeper than the deepest ocean abyss.
* I don’t deserve such an amazing gift as Jacob.
* I understand more about how God loves me.
* I didn’t realize the theme song of Wow Wow Wubbzy would keep me awake in the middle of the night.
* I never knew how hard it was to be a good mom.
* I have a whole new and higher respect for my mom.
* I would protect my child unto death. (Ask me sometime about Henry the rooster if you don’t believe me!)
* Two year old boys like more than anything to bang, jump, climb, make loud noises, and scare their Mommy’s have to death with their stunts.
* I never knew how much one little boy could change my life. Mommy loves you Jacob.