Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Thankful

There are some things that just warm my heart. Illness aside. Problems aside. When I look at things like this, there is no trouble, there is no fear. There is no worry or anxiety or pain. It's just joy.

A Boy and His Dog



My Jacob reading Daddy's magazines like a little man. How did I get so blessed as to have this amazing child??




After a long, fun day outside in the sunshine, playing hard, Jacob fell asleep on the couch. His new puppy was just as tired as he was! It's kid of hard to see Blackie because he blends into the couch!


My heart both leaps and breaks at pictures like this. My little baby is SO not a baby anymore! Something about a sleeping child just gives me peace. He's getting so big. Part of me wishes he could stay small forever...


Awww....what a cute puppy! And such an amazing, sunny, beautiful spring day!

God's handiwork. Nature attests to His glory, every day. How could this happen by chance?


There are times when I'm down. Just plain down. Depressed. But God never lets me stay there too long. This last bout was longer than most. When my health is bad day after day, week after week, month after month...you get the picture. But I really try to keep a good attitude. Many times I am NOT successful!
But then there are days like this. Like yesterday, when I could spend FOUR HOURS outside. With my son. And his dog. Enjoying the miracle of God's creation. I am truly blessed.





No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...