Tuesday, October 30, 2012

Catching Up

I am purely ashamed at my lack of posts lately.  Some posts I wrote in my head, and then thought better of publishing... My mouth (or posts in this case) can get me in trouble, so I'm glad my brain is actually AHEAD of the words for once.  Unfortunately, that means I haven't been blogging as much because of that.

However, I'm done censoring myself.  I don't like it.  I'm not diplomatic, I'm not politically correct, my Biblical views probably really annoy the crud out of some people, but ya know what?  I have decided that I thoroughly do. not. care.  I will NEVER purposefully offend someone.  NEVER.  That is from my mouth to God's ear.  I won't do it.  However, if I inadvertently offend someone by expressing MY opinion, oh well.  I'm DONE worrying about it.

Anywho. Enough drama.  I'm just back to being me.  PLUS, seriously, homeschooling is taking WAY more time than I had thought.  AND I have a craft show on November 10 that I have been preparing for.  NOTHING on my jewelry site (www.facebook.com/MGKerriJewelry) is going to the show.  I have over 100 pendants, 100 cell phone lanyards with charms, 100 cell phone dust plugs with charms, and I still have to do more wine glass rings and wine bottle "necklaces."  IIIIIIIIII know.  I'm crazy.

So what else has been going on....

{crickets}

Okay then.

No really....between homeschooling, trying to take care of the house, medical appointments and jewelry, that's pretty much my life.  Oh, and my pen pals and CBI stuff.

Speaking of pen pals, I want to put the link to Christian Pen Pals on here, because I think it's very important.  It's a ministry a lot of home-bound Christians can do.  It's a serious commitment, however, and one not to be entered into lightly.

You can check my sidebar for the link.  Just check it out, go over the guidelines, and see if it's a match for you.  Besides Matthew 25:35, 36 and 40...

"For I was hungry and you gave Me food; I was thirsty and you gave Me drink; I was a stranger and you took Me in;  I was naked and you clothed Me; I was sick and you visited Me; I was in prison and you came to Me.’....  And the King will answer and say to them, ‘Assuredly, I say to you, inasmuch as you did it to one of the least of these My brethren, you did it to Me.’"

...the author of Hebrews (Who is really God, since He authored the whole Bible) tells us in chapter 13:3 to "Continue to remember those in prison as if you were together with them in prison, and those who are mistreated as if you yourselves were suffering."  

I may not be able to GO to a prison or jail and minister to people, but I SURELY can remember them in prayer, and by writing to them.  Of all of society, those incarcerated are probably the most forgotten.  Some of them have NO ONE.  And that breaks my heart. As lonely as I get, at least I have a home and a family.

Anywho.  Enough for now.  I am committing to doing a better job of blogging.  Last year I wrote 175 pages of my book in the month of November, so while I'm not going to do this again this year, I AM going to try and post every single day.

Wish me luck!

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...