Sunday, October 21, 2012

This Crazy Thing Called Life

My word.  I can't believe the things I try to do.  ALL the things I try to do.  If I did them one at a time, it probably wouldn't be a big deal.  However, when I try to

keep up on my CBI lessons and Christian pen pals
do the laundry
pay the bills
do the budget
homeschool Jacob
make dinner
take care of the dogs
try to keep track of all the medications I take and when they need to be refilled
make and go to all of my medical appointments and treatments
review books for several different people/places
run a small business
make every single piece of jewelry for said business
be a parent to my child
be a wife to my husband
blog
write my book
check my email
balance the bank accounts
fight the proverbial "city hall:"  the injustices I see every day going on around me that I can't just ignore.....

It's INSANE!!! Healthy people can't do all that.  But I'm doing it.  And it's making me crazy.  And it's not good for me. 

But what are my options, ya know?  At least with winter coming Doug won't be spending most of his time outside.  Hopefully he'll get on the "cleaning the house" bandwagon.  He half-heartedly offered to take over the bills, but he really has no clue. I have spread sheets and all kinds of stuff...most everything is electronic, and he'd be asking for the checkbook.

Anywho.  If anyone has any ideas on how to simplify, let me know!!

1 comment:

hayleyeszti said...

Hi Kerri, doing all these things you sound like a super woman! I struggle to keep on track of just 2 or 3 of your list and that is if I can keep on track at all! I have a lot of help with things and sadly I have no advice on how to make it easier, just do what you can, when you can. I'm glad I found your blog today, I've been searching for blogs like yours as I am very interested to discover chronic illness blogs. I have been quite unwell for almost a year now and I have not yet been diagnosed with anything (I'm sure you know the amount of time we wait before a diagnosis) so I am always interested to read about new conditions and ways of coping as everything is still relatively new to me and I'm still finding what works for me. I share basically all of your symptoms (I have found that when I struggle to talk my family have started to understand what certain grunts and mumbles mean, it's quite funny really) From what I have read on your blog you are a very strong woman and I thank you for sharing your story. I look forward to future posts.

If you would like to look at my blog (I've not long started it) here is the link http://www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.co.uk/

Take care! Hayley-Eszti xx

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...