Thursday, February 5, 2009

The Dichotomy of Life

It's so crazy. One minute up, one minute down. At the same time crazy busy with 500 things going on, and yet, bored.

Good news: My lungs are feeling much better, and I have had virtually NO blood or clots for 24 hours!!!! Now we are so happy we do the dance of joy!!!

Jacob went pee pee on the potty Monday night at bathtime! Well, he actually went pee pee on the FLOOR while sitting on the potty, but who cares! We made a VERY big deal out of our big boy!

Monday I had so much energy I did a load of dishes, vacuumed the bathroom, vacuumed the corners of the kitchen and bathroom, and MOPPED the bathroom floor. I literally couldn't tell you the last time I mopped....it's been years. Then after naptime I did a load of laundry and took a shower! There have been MANY days when even ONE of these activities would have been a miracle!

Bad news: Tuesday I felt something "pop" in my left wrist. I have carpal tunnel and am trying to wait out surgery until Jacob is a little bigger. So I'm sure it's that acting up, and if I keep it wrapped really tight and don't do anything too crazy, I'm okay.

Yesterday I was super tired, today I'm doing okay. I guess the sooner I realize I need to roll with the punches, the better off I'll be! I've never been a change-addict, but I am learning. I'm a bit of a slow learner in this area, but I AM makind progress.

Well, that's it for now. Jacob is having a meltdown over Mickey Mouse.

Is it just my child, or do all toddlers change their tiny little minds every 20 seconds? I put Mickey Mouse on because that's what he asks for. Five minutes later he's stroking out because he wants to watch Clifford. So I change it. Then five minutes later he's acting like he just lost his best friend, and starts bawling for Mickey Mouse. Stomping and whining. Oh the joys of motherhood!!!

But seriously; He's usually such a good boy that these mini-freak outs are really no big deal. Unless they last from 9 AM til 5 or so...then we're ready for a cocktail or a rubber room. Or both.

3 comments:

Joanna said...

Yup sounds like toddler-itis. Should clear up in a few or seven months.

It's 5 o'clock somewhere - crack it open. Now you know why I feel like cracking open a tube of cookie dough. Suddenly mah booty makes sense - too many tubes. :)

Leigh @ intentslife said...

Oh girl, this too shall pass! :)

Seriously, he'll be shaving before you know it.

Megan said...

I would love for a meltdown about mickey mouse right now! if i have to listen to one more second of star wars talk i might lose it and speak only like yoda for the next three days.

love ya girl!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...