Friday, February 13, 2009

Stop the Ride I want to exit!

Finally got the "official" news from the doctor yesterday. I have a moderate risk of increased fractures and bone loss has occurred. So yeah. I'm 38 and I have osteoporosis.

If it weren't so sad if would be hilarious. I mean, it's really all stemming from one thing...the MG. Because if I didn't have the MG, I wouldn't have the trach. I wouldn't have needed all the steroids, so I wouldn't be diabetic. I also wouldn't have an old woman's disease. It seems like if there could be a complication there will be. Lucky, lucky me. And then in between I get all this crazy stuff, like spots! It's really quite laughable.

On a much brighter note, my child is a genius. He was kind of mumbling something the other day and then I hear, "What animal is it? Big floppy ears....and a trunk!" And he looked at me expectantly. I said, "An elephant?" And he said, "Yay, Mommy!" Then he said, "What animal is it? tiny and eats carrots!" And I'm like, "A bunny rabbit?" And he said, "Mmmm-Hmmm!"

Yesterday he described something as "dinky". I asked if that meant big or small. He looked at me like I was a complete idiot and said, "Small!"

He is hysterical. He's learning to put "s" sounds on the ends of words and he sounds like a teeny tiny Humphrey Bogart. He's getting SO big though....I can barely lift him into his crib. This weekend we are transforming it into his toddler bed. We'll see what happens then...if he stays in it!

Thank God for my precious little boy. Even though half the time I feel like HE got the short stick with me for a mom, what with all my "complications"...I feel like I won the lottery to have HIM.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

He's pretty darn lucky to have you as a mom!!

We had to gate the boys' door when they went into toddler beds. Baby proof the room and lock in the gate but leave door open. Otherwise you might be driven to drink and we just can't have that happening. Maybe drink a milkshake - it's got calcium.

I guess Doug will have to stop pushing you around now. hee hee So sorry! Like you really wanted to hear one more thing, huh? Hugs!

Kerri said...

No, that was actually funny!!

We leave the bedroom door open, but the next door shut, and have a monitor up there, so I can hear him. I usually here the pitter patter of little feet first.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...