Today is another day where I just have to start counting my blessings outloud before I lose my mind and end up in the looney bin. I'm starting by listing what's NOT wrong with me. (Yes, I am being serious).
1. I don't have cancer.
2. I not blind.
3. I'm not deaf.
4. I am seriously, seriously grateful for 1, 2 and 3.
5. I'm not in a wheelchair.
6. I have a loving, protective, providing, amazing husband.
7. I have a little boy who thinks I hung the moon.
8. I have a God who, even though right now I"m ticked off and acting like my two-year old will forgive me, and love me all the same.
9. I have friends who truly care about me, and tell me so.
10. My husband has a secure job in an unsteady economy.
11. I have one mom, and one dad, they are still married, they love each other and they both love me.
12. I have a wonderful, warm house and lots of room for Jacob to run around.
13. The sky is blue and the sun is shining.
14. I have chickens and I love them.
15. I have a computer with which I can communicate with my wonderful friends.
16. I know I'll go to heaven when I die.
17. I think I found a new church to go to.
18. My mom is one of my best friends.
19. I am a fighter.
20. My husband and son are HEALTHY.
For those of you who are struggling with life right now, I encourage you to do the same. I know it sucks to always have to think of someone who is worse off than you, but the fact is, there are MANY who are worse off. Even the worst of we Americans have the best compared to many other people and countries. That doesn't mean that we will always be happy and jumping for joy. Think about this:
"A thing is only worth that which it cost."-----Oswald Chambers.
I think of what I went through to have my son, and he is truly priceless. The cost made him worth even more.
Look UP today, folks, and let's find SOMETHING, or better yet, someONE to be thankful for.