Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Trying to Lift the Fog

Okay, here's another "I-feel-like-crap-and-just-want-to-whine" post, so I have to list things I'm thankful for....

1. I am thankful that for the first time in 8 years, I was able to go to a meaningful event that I had posted on my calendar three months ahead of time.

2. I am thankful every day that my husband is a wonderful, Christian man, who loves me and has a stable job! (Everybody poops).

3. I am thankful that my mom and dad will be home from Florida in a week!

4. I am thankful for godly friends.

5. I am thankful for a precious little boy who, even when I'm a dork, loves me like crazy.

6. I am thankful that God's love for me is Measureless!

7. I am thankful that I have been able to go to Bible study twice this month.

8. I am thankful that I have a wood burning stove and a warm house.

9. I am thankful for living in the country where Jacob has room to roam. (And chase our 32 chickens, 4 turkeys, and 3 ducks. We have 2 dogs, now all we need is a partridge....we even have pear trees!!) Although 12 of our chickens, the 4 turkeys and 3 ducks are still in the mudroom.

10. I am thankful for technology that keeps me in touch with my friends.

What are YOU thankful for today???

3 comments:

Crista said...

I am thankful that the Lord is with me 24/7; that He never leaves me nor forsakes me. ~I am thankful for my husband who is a steady and faithful husband and worker. ~I am thankful for the health of my sons. ~I am thankful that the Lord has given me "internet" Sisters and friends - like you, Kerri. ~I am thankful for vision in both eyes and the ability to work and minister as the Lord leads. ~I'm thankful for the roof over my head and the clothes on my back and the the food on my table, and how the Lord provides when it looks absolutely hopeless. ~I am thankful that He has my life in His hands and His wisdom is ever available. ~I am thankful that when I don't have the answers, He does!
Love and blessings,
Crista :>)

Leigh @ intentslife said...

I'm thankful for your "thankful posts!" I love it when you CHOOSE to rejoice - your sacrifice of praise is very precious and humbling to me. Can't imagine how sweet it is to your Lord!

My list reflects yours and Crista's in so many ways: family, provision, God's love and the privelege to know, love and serve Him. But I do have one particularly precious praise to share.

Last night Mark and I crawled into bed and he told me he loved me and how happy he is that certain things I've been waiting upon the Lord for are coming together. It was just one of those perfect, simple moments.

Kerri said...

Oh, Leigh.
That is awesome!!
I've got goosebumps!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...