Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Now We Are So Happy We Do The Dance Of Joy!

{Any Perfect Strangers fans left out there???}

NO AVASCULAR NECROSIS!!!! Woot! Woot!
Everything looked great on the x-ray...sometimes it doesn't show up on x-ray, but all the other markers they look for that would indicate further testing were all within normal limits. Yeeee-Haaa!!!!! For once I DO NOT have the rare, crazy side effect. THANK THE LORD!!!!! They are thinking it's a flare up of the reactive arthritis, caused by too big of a drop in steroids. (duh)

K, so here's the plan: the prednisone {we allll know how I feel about it, so I'm just leaving it at that} stays at 30mg per day until I go 3 weeks without pheresis without crashing. Since the prednisone is acting like a ginormous shot of adrenaline, I can't quite imagine crashing! So I go to Ann Arbor this Friday, next Tuesday, and then we won't go again for 3 weeks. Then I will taper down rrreeeeeaaalllyyy slowly again, so it will probably be 4-5 months until I'm back at my base dosage. But that argument is for another day. Tonight we are CELEBRATION ONLY!!!

Thanks again for all your love, prayers, support, meals, cards...I really can't express how much it means.

2 comments:

Joanna said...

I hope you are still dancing! You're a bit over due for some good news.

Young Wife said...

Congratulations! That's great news. I'll keep praying, but I'm rejoicing with you now.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...