Thursday, July 30, 2009

We MUST stop Obamacare!

I'm putting myself out there by putting this on every cyberplace I can get my hands on, but this bill could effect my life in SIGNIFICANT ways. So I'm taking the chance. I do not mean to offend anyone, and I SO GET that the healthcare system needs fixing. But friends, this is NOT the way! This is an e-mail I sent out earlier, so if you received it, you've already read this information. PLEASE check out this bill at Crista's website (Link on my sidebar Dinner With the King) and READ what the government wil have power to do. I have also posted a note on facebook with the bill information on it as well. THANK YOU.

Hey everyone, We MUST stop this healthcare bill. I have read in several places that Congress is trying to ram this through before their summer break. This cannot happen. Just one tiny part of this massive bill, which is hundreds of pages that NO ONE has completely read...is that the government will decide what "end of life" care people get, how it happens, and when. So we're talking euthanasia people.

According to this plan, if it were in place 8 years ago, I would be dead, instead of racking up a huge hospital bill trying to figure out what was wrong with me, and find a treatment.

This first link is a petition you can sign and comment on that will tell Congress you do NOT want government run healthcare.http://www.aktnow.com/petition/say-no-socialized-medicine

This link will take you to the page where you can write your U.S. House Representative. http://www.house.gov/zip/ZIP2Rep.html

If you live in Michigan, your Senators are Carl Levin (you can write to him at levin.senate.gov/contact/) and Debbie Stabenow. You can write her at stabenow.senate.gov/email.cfm

If you don't live in Michigan, just go to www.senate.gov and put in your info to find your senators and how to contact them.

I am PLEADING with you to take a moment to do this. Tell them to vote NO! To see just SOME of the parts of this hideous bill, go to http://dinnerwiththeking.blogspot.com/and you can see just what the government will have control of. This is not a scare tactic, this is the REAL DEAL. This IS HAPPENING, IN AMERICA. Please, let's stop it!THANK YOU!!!!!

3 comments:

Young Wife said...

I'm writing my representative. Any advice on what to say? Thanks for being politically active. I thinks it's very important to exercise our rights.

Leigh @ intentslife said...

Thank you for doing this - it's so helpful. I'll be shooting out my emails today!

Love ya.

Kerri said...

Hey Ashley, sorry I've been off the computer for a while. Just be honest. Tell them that healthcare absolutely needs to be reformed, but at the CORE of the change should be the VALUE of life, ALL life, not just socially approved life. Think about what you would LIKE to see, and tell them!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...