Sunday, February 5, 2012

What's Holding YOU Back?

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be?…We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It’s not just in some of us; it’s in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”
Marianne Williamson


Read the quote above, then read it again.  Really think about it.  Are you holding yourself back out of fear?  I know I do sometimes, and I'm pretty bold.  I'm not afraid to say what I think....but sometimes I'm afraid to take the next step.  

I've been mulling over the idea of making packets for churches regarding living with chronic illness, and what they can do to help.  Not just Myasthenia, but ALL kinds of chronic illness:  RA, lupus, mental illness, depression, austism, MS, MD....you name it.  I want to include my youtube video (click on very top of the left sidebar of my blog), some printed information on chronic illness, and a copy of the book "Beyond Casseroles, 505 Ways to Help the Chronically Ill" by Rest Ministries founder Lisa Copen.

But I haven't done it yet.  So you know what?  I'm going to.  I'm going to email Lisa right now and ask about ordering a large quantity of her books.  I'm going to figure out how to get my youtube video on  DVD, and how to get copies made.  I'm going to gather information, and I'm going to start sending the packages out.  I am committing to this publicly, so that you all can hold me accountable.  Not sure how I'm going to pay for it all, but God will see to that.

If YOU want a packet once they are put together, please leave a comment, or e-mail me at kerrisweeris@gmail.com, and put "Chronic Illness Packet" in the subject line.  Then give me your address so I can get one out to you.  My goal is to have this complete by the end of February.

Thanks for your continued prayers and support of me, my blog, and my jewelry business.  God has truly blessed me with caring friends. 

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...