Tuesday, September 25, 2012

The House...Part Three

I know, I know, you just want to see the finished product. But what's the fun in that?  Isn't the journey the destination anyway?? HA! 
Yes, that's my darling up there, on the ladder, by himself, hanging and nailing on the house wrap because he's completely a wee bit impatient and can't wait on help.  I tell ya what, the noise of a hammer bang bang banging on your house all day long is enough to make you CRAZY.  However, it IS better than SIX hammers.....

Doug really made remarkable progress.... I would go out every so often and look....and go back in, because he always makes me nervous when he's on the ladder!

I know!  Looks like a present, huh?  Oh, and if you look carefully, you can see Jacob's elephant on the front porch, looking to get it.  Yes, he made that himself.  Daddy helped with a few nails, but he designed it and made most of it.

Here's a better look...found a picture of it!  The apple does not fall far from the tree, for sure!
So here is a tiny sneak peak....Tomorrow I will tell you about the AMAZING, wonderful, talented volunteers from Love INC's SKILL Ministry that came to help Doug side the house, and of course, I will have more pictures.





No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...