Friday, August 7, 2009

Haven't We Been By Here Before??

Yup. You guessed it. Hip pain. Nice.

Called the neuro...he was gone for the day. I've been on 25 mg of Prednisone instead of 30mg for 4 days, and the pain started last night. Worse today. I have to go on alternating 30/25 every other day, and if it gets better we know it's the prednisone. If it keeps getting worse, I don't know what happens. Trying very hard to keep my attitude out of the toilet. It seems like I'm "allocated" a certain number of good days before something gets ripped away. I asked Dr. Teener when I saw him last Friday if I can expect this for the rest of my life, that at any time I could just take a nose dive. He said, "Unfortunately, yes."

I ran across this as I was cleaning out some files....I love it, and certainly need to be reminded of it right now!!!

He sat by a fire of sevenfold heat
As he watched by the precious ore
And closer he bent with a turning gaze
As he heated more and more.
He knew he had ore that could stand the test
And he wanted the finest gold
To mold as a crown for the king to wear
Set with gems with price untold.
So, he laid our gold in the burning fire
Though we fey (faint) would have said, "Nay,"
And he watched as the dross that we said
We had not seen was melted and passed it away.
And the gold grew brighter and yet more bright
But our eyes were filled with tears.
We saw but the fire, not the master's hand
And questioned with anxious fears.
Yet our gold shown out with a richer glow
As it mirrored a form above
That bent o'er the fire, though unseen by us
With a look of ineffable love.
Can we think that it pleases his loving heart
To cause us moments of pain?
No. But he saw through the present cross
The bliss of eternal gain.
So he waited there with a watchful eye
With a love that is strong and sure
And his goal did not suffer a bit more heat
Than was needed to make it pure.
-Unknown

1 comment:

Young Wife said...

I'm sorry to hear about your pain. Praying for comfort and thank you will have joy.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...