Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Update and Thanks

First can I just say THANK YOU. Your prayers are being felt, and answered. Thank you for your encouragement and support. Thanks for loving me even though some of you have never "met" me. Thank you.

A dear friend of mine sent out an e-mail letter asking friends and family to pray about helping out over here, making a meal, etc., and there was an IMMEDIATE reply by a cousin of ours to come every Tuesday from 11-2 (That's the toughest part of the day for me). I was blown away! Thank you, thank you Karen, you precious thing! By the way, Karen also makes AMAZING cakes! Check out her blog KarTer Kakes.

Also got in touch with one of the volunteer organizations, and someone will be coming out this Friday for 2 hours to clean! Thank you Lord!

I talked to my neurologist, and we're going back to the 25mg capsules of the cyclosporine, 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM for 3 days, then 2 in the AM and 3 in the PM for at least a week, and then we'll do blood work to see about the cyclosporine levels in my blood. I think they doubling it was too much too soon, and since I was doing okay on the smaller doses, I'm willing to give it a try. It's frustrating though, because we just spent almost $200.00 on the 100mg pills, and there's no way to get that back. We have an HSA account, but still...it's getting LOW already, and it's barely February!

Oh well, I am learning that everything will work out. God has my back! I am grateful and humbled that no matter what MY faith level is, God IS truly faithful. It may not be MY way or MY time, but it is the Best Way and the Best Time.

If I may be so bold as to ask for your continued prayers, specifically that the cyclosporine does NOT give me any problems like the larger doses did, and that the charlie horses stay manageable if I have them at all. I hope you ALL know how much I appreciate your friendship, encouragement, and prayers. God bless you!!!

5 comments:

Renee said...

So happy to read of folks near you who can help in tangible ways! God is good! When I think that He numbers the hairs on our heads, knows our thoughts, encloses us before and behind . . . it's just too wonderful for words. I'm continuing to pray for you, Kerri!

Rachel said...

Three cheers for helpers!!!!
Sending prayers your way....

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

I haven't been such a good blog friend lately as far as commenting but I do still read all your posts. My prayers are always with you and please give Jacob a hug for me.

Cheers :-)
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad things are looking up, but I'll be continuing to pray! It's amazing how dang expensive being sick is. I also think I could start up a pharmacy with all my leftover pills, but I hear rumors that's illegal (and I'm not willing to lose my job over that.) Yea, I need some of those green pill recycle bags. ASAP. But I usually keep em around for cases when they re-prescribe me stuff again.

Pitterle Postings said...

Kerri, I am so glad that things are going better and that you are getting some much needed help. Save the pills, you never know, you might be able to use them in a couple of months after you work up to the dose. I really am so happy that today is a better day, and especially I am happy that people are coming to HELP! I will never forget how I felt when a wonderful woman whom I hardly knew came to my house and took all the laundry home to her house, washed and folded it and brought it back and put it away!! I was sick, on bed rest and had 8 kids at home. I know how amazing one person can be and how very much they can make a difference!!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...