Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Ah, That North Carolina Breeze

Oh my goodness.  The weather has been AMAZING.  Not too hot, but warm, and sunny.  I can breathe better here too.  Mom said it was the ocean air.  Who knew? (Okay, probably everyone but me!)  We are staying in an amazing house in Waves, NC on the Outer Banks.  The sky has been blue since the minute we crossed the state line.  There's always a breeze because we're smack between the Ocean and the sound.  My favorite spot in the world is the third floor deck.  You can see the ocean, and there's always a breeze.

We went fishin' again today...At first it was pretty slow, but then I started kickin' butt and takin' names.  The fish of the day was mullet.  The only mullet I knew before this was the haircut....you know, business in the front, party in the back.  But the fish is reeeaaalllly yummy.  And today we had a total of 12.  I caught probably 6 of them. During the last hour we fished, I bet I hauled in 4.  It was CRAZY!  Doug had started cleaning fish, but we still had 3 poles in the water.  I would set one down to check the one that was wobbling, pull in a fish, holler at Doug to come and get it, and another pole was jerkin'.  Crazy.  My hands were numb for like an hour.

The bestest part of all is that my sistah Cindy and her hubby are here!!!  I finally got to meet my sister face to face.  And ya know what?  Sitting down and chatting with her last night I felt like we had known each other all our lives.  Crazy but true.  We have a lot in common, including MG, which is a big deal.  But it's just weird how she "knows" me.  Anywho.  Can't believe we're down to 3 days here already!  Then it's back to Cindy's neck-o-the-woods, and more fun!

So for now, that's what up with us....and I am LOVIN' North Carolina.  I know I couldn't live here though... the summers are BRUTAL as far as heat and humidity.  But this time of year?  Perfection!

And Jacob's having a pretty darn good time too!
A perfect picture of Jacob....you can almost hear him screeching and he's ALWAYS moving.

Trying to outrun the waves....Guess who lost?

But guess who LOVED it?

2 comments:

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Great pictures! I'm so glad you are having a fabulous time and that there is always a breeze!

Cheers :-)
Joanne
- CoconutPalmDesigns

Jennifer Leigh said...

Glad you enjoyed the Outer Banks! I live quite close to there and have very many special memories there. Happy SITS Day!

Jennifer
-Shine with Jennifer Leigh

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...