Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Burdens

You know, so many people are struggling.  Most of you who read my blog know that I'm a Jesus-follower, and believe He is the only way to heaven.  You can agree or disagree, but I'm pretty clear on what I believe, and not shy about it.

I bring this up because the song "Blessings" by Laura Story has been going through my head over and over.  It makes me cry every time.  I have experienced that song.  "What if blessings come through raindrops?  What if healing comes through tears?"

Think about it:  if it never rained, we'd have no flowers.  And if you get something in your eyes, the best thing to wash them out is your own tears.

But my heart it so burdened by loved ones who are hurting.  Some are fighting physical illness, some struggle with mental illness (which is so invisible that some people don't even believe it exists!), people struggling with inner demons that just overwhelm them.  And it makes my heart break.

I have always been an empathetic person (EM-pathetic, not simply pathetic, thankyouverymuch).  When I was little, and my cousin would get disciplined, I would cry.  Seriously.  It's kind of the same now, but on a broader scale.  If I could take the burdens of others I would.  I have a few MG friends right now (several really,) that are going through SO SO much....And I wish with all my heart I could do something about it.

But it's not my place.  It's God's.  It's Jesus's.  HE is the only only One who can take the burdens.  Before I had MG, I was not on a great path in life.  I was doing things I knew weren't what God wanted me to do.  But I was so insecure, and so self-absorbed I did them anyway.

God got my attention.  He loved me too much to leave me where I was.  And if it took MG to do it, so be it.  I have a better life now.  Do I wish I was better? Absolutely.  Do I wish I could breathe every day really well and run and jump and roll around on the floor with my son?  Of course.

But would I trade all of the blessings that came with this wicked disease? Nope.

I guess in my rambling, round-about way I'm trying to tell you that there is HOPE.  God loves you.  He wants your heart.  He doesn't want some blindly following robot.  He want to know you.  He already loves you.

When I became a mom, the sacrifice of God sending His only Son to earth to die a horrible death took on incredible new meaning to me.  I don't know if I could do it.  I love my child more than my own life.  To send him to a place where people would mock him and beat him and eventually kill him?  Even if it was to save others???  Man.  I don't know.  I could give up myself, but my son?

Just think about that today.  The God of Heaven wants YOU to be His child and ease your burdens.  Will life be all sunshine and roses.  NOPE.  But it will be different.  Better.  More joyful.

Anyway.  I'll step down from the preachin' box now.  That wasn't what this post started out as, but maybe that's what someone needed to read today.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...