Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Handicap Accessible Vans

I have a friend who has a smart car (she's way more brave than I am...those things SCARE me they are so small!), and she made it handicap accessible!  I don't know all the details, but she has MS, and is in a wheelchair a lot of the time, but likes her independence.  So now she has a car she's comfortable in, and it's handicap accessible.

I pray that I am never wheelchair bound to the point of having to get a van with a wheelchair lift or ramp.  There is a place where you can get handicap vans.  I'm not sure where my friend got her car outfitted, but I would think it would be easier to just get one already handicap accessible.  (Not to mention getting a van or even a handicap minivan instead of such a tiny car!)

As I said, I'm not in a wheelchair, by the grace of God, but I have been temporarily, and many times DO have to use a walker or at least a cane.  I have wondered in the past where people get vans that have wheelchair ramps or lifts. Now I know.  Check out the Motility Works website for all the different possiblities! 

Now when I see a van that has a lift or whatever, I'll understand the process a little better!  If you'd like to see some testimonials, check out the Motility Works blog at http://www.mobilityworks.com/blog/


This is a sponsored post.

4 comments:

barefootmeds said...

That's so cool! Any chance she'll let you post pictures? I'd love to see a handicap-accessible smartcar.

city said...

nice opinion.. thanks for sharing.

sri said...

There are some factors that are to be considered before any salebuy of second hand carsSecond Hand Vans

Jack Petterson said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.