Friday, November 2, 2012

10 Things I Believe In

I got this blog post idea from MamaKat, because my brain is so fried I sat here staring at my screen wondering what the heck I was going to write about....  So I remembered Mama Kat's writing prompts.  Make sure you check her out....she's awesome!

So.  Here are 10 Things I Believe In:

1.  I believe in God.  I am living proof that He IS.  There is no medical reason I should be alive, let alone functional.  And yet here I am.  I have a beautiful child, a wonderful husband, and my brain still (mostly) works.  I see God in creation around me, in the love of my family, in the hug of a friend, in the face of my child.  I see Him in my home, my life, and my heart.

2.  I believe in Hope.  If I did not have hope, I would not be here.  Simple as that.  Hope keeps me alive.

3.  I believe that you can meet people on the Internet that can either be toxic or terrific.  Thankfully, I have met more of the latter.  I have met others with MG whom I can talk to like best friends who have known each other for decades.   I hate this disease, but I'm so thankful for the people it has brought into my life.

4.  I believe in the sanctity of marriage.  I believe in commitment, loyalty, fidelity and trust in a marriage.  I believe in that because I have that.  And I thank God I do.

5.  I believe in Heaven.  I know that when I die, I will go to heaven, see my God face to face, sing, dance, and feel no pain.  No pain.  No tears.  No MG.  I am so ready.  What about you?

6.  I believe in writing.  I think writing is completely cathartic.  I would be lost if I couldn't write.  Not just my blog, but journals, letters to loved ones... Writing has saved me from many an angry confrontation.  I have written and ripped up or deleted countless letters.  You know the kind...you write you heart and soul down, you rip someone up one side and down the other, and then you feel better.  Love it.

7.  I believe in saying what you mean, and meaning what you say.  If you're not going to do it, don't say you are.  If you say you love me, then walk it out.

8.  I believe in standing up for what you believe in, no matter how unpopular it may be.  I will never cower under someone else's belief system, nor will I change my opinion to make someone else happy.  I am who I am, I believe what I believe, so take it or leave it.

9.  I believe in walking what you talk.  I have strong beliefs and opinions, but I back them up.  If I'm preaching somethin', you better believe I'm doin' it too.  I do NOT believe in hypocrisy, and that is exactly what I would be if I didn't stand behind what I preach.

10. I believe in the power of love.  I believe it can change a person.  I believe that if you really love someone, you will be there for them, you will support them, and you will do whatever you can to make them happy.  I love to love more than I hate to hurt.  So I will love you until you give me reason not to.

Thanks again to MamaKat for some great inspiration!

SO....what do YOU believe in??

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...