Sunday, November 4, 2012

10 Things That Tell Me I'm Old

10.  I do not recognize any of the bands that I hear mentioned on TV shows like the "X" Factor.  I didn't even know who Demi Lovato was, although I HAVE heard her song Skyscraper.  Don't know where....

9.  I have said at least 50 things to my son that I vowed I would never say to MY child.

8.  I have undoubtedly turned into my mother (see number 9).  Although if you know my mother, that really is NOT a bad thing. (love ya mom)

7.  I understand why my mother (who raised 5 children) used to sit in the living room, in the dark, with no TV on, no radio, not reading anything or talking to anyone, or even sleeping.  And I used to think she was crazy. 

6.  I completely get what it was like to have me for a child.  Mouth running 24 hours a day.  NON-stop.

5.  I have zits and wrinkles at the same time.  There is absolutely NOTHING okay with that!!

4.  For the first time, I colored my hair to get rid of some gray.

3.  I PLUCKED the crap out of my eyebrows because THEY were turning gray.  I used to say, "Pluck my eyebrows? What the heck for?  I don't have a unibrow.  And it HURTS to pluck."  Now, I can't tell you what I say when I DO pluck them because my mother reads my posts. : )

2.  My hips creak louder than the steps do when I go up them.

1.  I have actually said these words while driving, "Turn that music down!  I can't see!"


No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...