Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Being Thankful

Okay. I'm trying to pull my face out of the dust, stand up, and turn my face toward heaven. It's NOT easy. However, I am starting by listing things I am thankful for, because I DO have many.

Here are just a few:

1. Friends like Leigh and Joanna who are I know are there for me 24/7. They listen, they pray for me, they watch my child : ) and I know without a shadow of a doubt, they are the hands and feet of Jesus. You may never know how much you mean to me. I love you both very much.

2. My amazing husband, who tolerates my mood swings, my medical bills, my shifting attitude, my disease, and who, when he looks at me, honestly sees a beautiful wife who makes him happy.

3. My precious, perfect, beautiful, smart Jacob. He amazes me every day, and takes my breath away. That I had anything to do with creating this wonderful miracle doesn't even make sense.

4. My God, who puts up with my tantrums and kicking and screaming and whining and complaining, and loves me anyway.

5. My warm house.

6. The security of my husband's job.

7. That we can pay all of our bills, and still buy groceries and gasoline.

8. That I have health insurance, no matter what kind it may be.

9. My supportive family, who love me unconditionally.

10. My computer, which connects me to the outside world, to new friends (Hi Teresa), to old friends (thanks facebook!) and to uplifting blogs and e-mails.

Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

Leigh @ intentslife said...

Thanks for the sweet words - you rock! :)

And you're one smart cookie! The best way to get back on your feet is to deliberately focus on what you're thankful for. It reminds me of the hymn, Count Your Blessings.

Count your blessings
name them one by one
count your blessings
see what God has done!

And He has indeed done great things for us.

Love you!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...