Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Character Building Continues...

Ug. So Jacob, poor baby, threw up all day yesterday. Begging for food and water in between. I was bawling because he was bawling, and sick, and I couldn't do anything. I could barely speak.
He finally stopped last night before bed, but this morning woke up with a slight fever, and is SUPER sleepy. All he wants to do is sleep. I'm a little freaked out, but my mom said his little body needs to recover. And even my little energizer bunny has been awfully active lately. Lots of sun, different food...Hopefully his fever is gone this afternoon.

I'm ready to go to my mom's like NOW. It's less than 2 hours away, and it's so yucky here. It's uncomfortable, old, and stinky. I think we actually heard a gunshot the other night! All the people here are old, and they all drink and smoke cigarettes. It's very odd. A bit disturbing. All these Grandma and Grandpa's partying it up every night. And because we've been sleeping with the windows open, all that cigarette smoke comes in. YUCK. Never again will I stay in this dive.

Doug is having issues too....somehow things seem to end up being my fault when things don't go his way...it doesn't help that my little boy is sick, and I'm exhausted from running around like a madwoman, then extra exhausted from taking care of him, stressing over getting out of here...

BUT. I will make it. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me. He WILL sustain me. Nothing can happen to me that He isn't aware of, and that's good enough for me. I dont' get it, that's for sure. I don't get why my little one had to get sick the last 3 days of our vacation... I do not get it. But I don't have to. I just have to keep the faith. It can certainly be hard. But in the end, it will be worth it. Keep your eyes on the prize, my friends. Run the race.

3 comments:

Pam said...

Kerri you are so right we do not have to understand Proverbs 32:5-6 says that all we need to do is Trust in Him, that is all, so with that said I am so sorry that Jacob is sick, I will continue to pray, I totally understand what you mean about everything being your fault but do not listen to the lies of the enemy, remember...put on the full Armour of God and rest dear one, sounds like you could use some. hang in there...love you so much <3

Pam said...

Kerri you are so right we do not have to understand Proverbs 32:5-6 says that all we need to do is Trust in Him, that is all, so with that said I am so sorry that Jacob is sick, I will continue to pray, I totally understand what you mean about everything being your fault but do not listen to the lies of the enemy, remember...put on the full Armour of God and rest dear one, sounds like you could use some. hang in there...love you so much <3

Corrie Howe said...

I've had times when I've called out like this to the Lord and am surprised how he was able to sustain me.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...