Monday, June 27, 2011

My Heart is Heavy Today

Heavy hearts.

Broken relationships.

Friends in pain.

Health issues.

Loved ones who are hurting.

MG friends facing really tough times.

It's enough to break a person's heart.

It's enough to break my heart.

A very wise, godly friend of mine told me that she sees in me 2 distinct personality/spiritual giftings in me. One would be the "prophet"...not as in telling the future or prophesying, but speaking the truth. Telling it like it is. I would definitely agree. I never have been able to hold my tongue; especially when it comes to a sense of injustice.

The second one she was was mercy or compassion. Which I agree with as well. I mean, when I was little, I used to cry when OTHER kids got in trouble.

The funny thing is, these two characteristics are diametrically opposed to one another. Polar opposites. That basically means (and this is SO true) that there is many times an inner struggle between speaking the truth and tempering it with compassion.

Sometimes it's clear which trait is stronger: look at some of my former blog posts (like this one) where I don't really care who I offend if I get my point across.

Other times my heart just breaks for people going through tough stuff that I can't fix. Like my new MG friend Lisa, who has to get a temporary trach. My heart just aches for her.

I hate this disease. I don't know about y'all, but I'm SO ready for Jesus to come back. If you're NOT, you better e-mail me so we can fix that!

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Sorry you are feeling down. You are just a dear person.
I agree with you on the last one. I wish He would hurry up.

Pitterle Postings said...

Sorry Kerri. It is so hard to watch others suffer and hurt. I too, really wish He would come soon. Life can just be so hard.

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...