Sunday, December 2, 2012

Hope-Part Two

So back to Hope.

See, I couldn't live without it.  I really couldn't.  If this life was all there is?  I'd have ended it a long time ago.  I'm not being morose or morbid, just honest.  If this was it, if my suffering was never going to mean anything beyond my death, why go through it?

Yes, I have been told by people on this earth that I have helped them in some way, that I have inspired or encouraged them.  Which still takes me by surprise.  I think I complain and whine more than I smile sometimes, but hey.  Who's to argue?

But even if I DO inspire, it is not really me, but it is my Hope. 

“Yet if you devote your heart to him
    and stretch out your hands to him, 

 if you put away the sin that is in your hand
    and allow no evil to dwell in your tent, 

 then, free of fault, you will lift up your face;
    you will stand firm and without fear.

You will surely forget your trouble,
    recalling it only as waters gone by. 

 Life will be brighter than noonday,
    and darkness will become like morning.
 

 You will be secure, because there is hope;
    you will look about you and take your rest in safety. 

 You will lie down, with no one to make you afraid,
    and many will court your favor."

Job 11:13-19

It is only because I know without a shadow of a doubt, that when I die, I will go to be with God in Heaven, and I WILL be whole again.  I will run.  I will swim.  I will SING.
  
"Oh, that my words were recorded,
    that they were written on a scroll, 

 that they were inscribed with an iron tool on lead,
    or engraved in rock forever!

  I know that my redeemer lives,
    and that in the end he will stand on the earth.

And after my skin has been destroyed,
    yet in my flesh I will see God; 

 I myself will see him
    with my own eyes—I, and not another.
    How my heart yearns within me!"


 Job 19:23-27

Oh, how I will SING!!!  There will be some hankie-wavin' for sure!  Mm!  I cannot wait.  I really cannot wait; yet wait I must. 

So wait I shall....

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...