Friday, December 7, 2012

Time Management???

Okay, so the other day, my hubby tells me I have time management issues.  Obviously he is not here with Jacob, 3 dogs, 3 rabbits, 5 goldfish (all in the house) and homeschooling, business-running, bill-paying, blogging, medical-managing ME.

Because the ONE second he sees me sitting down with my feet up, well OBVIOUSLY I've been doing that all day long, and nothing else.  (No worries, we DEFINITELY "spoke" about that.)

So here are the things JUST TODAY (even before noon!), that have interfered with my "time management."

Jacob broke another ornament while I was in the bathroom trying to get ready because the "Airway man" was going to be here in 15 minutes.

While the Airway man was here, he had an intern with him, so a 5 minute visit took 20.

While the Airway people were here, Jacob was throwing a massive fit because I wouldn't come down the stairs to pause his video so HE could come UP-stairs.  (Which he was spanked for)

Jacob knocked my Paul Mitchell round hair brush into the toilet (right after he peed) because he was spazzing out about the fact that he's almost out of toothpaste, and I told him I had bought 4 tubes because they were on sale for one dollar.

Whilst cleaning my trach, said spazzing child knocked over an almost full box of q-tips, onto the nasty carpet, spilling probably 120.  I rescued the ones not directly touching the carpet.

Yesterday, the dog knocked over the Christmas tree.  AGAIN.  The first time (the day before yesterday) he broke my favorite glass angel "hope" ornament.

Yesterday, said dog also chewed a new hole in his tail.  Yes, a NEW hole.  He already had one that we are trying to heal up.  He had surgery to abrade the boo-boo and suture it (along with having a separate lump removed), so it's all wrapped up.  He already chewed through the original bandage AND got all his stitches and staples out.

Yes, we tried the cone of shame.  He would bump into things until it slid back far enough where he could reach his tail.

So yesterday this happened while Doug wasn't here so I had to deal with it.  EW.

I'm sure there are another 20 or 30 things I could mention, but that would probably not be the best use of my time....since I OBVIOUSLY have control over every minute of my day.


No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...