Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Ah, Yes! Spring in Michigan!

I'd like to welcome you to the first day of Spring!!!  Whoo-hoo!!

Wait, what?  You mean there isn't supposed to be SNOW on the ground or flying through the air on the first day of spring??  What?  It was 50 degrees WARMER on this exact day LAST year??


Well, this year, we have a Lake Effect "Winter System" moving through.  Yup.  That, my friends, is the JOY of living 20 miles from Lake Michigan.

You can actually SEE a LARGE snowflake in front of the shrub in this picture.  Thankfully, the sun came out yesterday afternoon and melted the snow on the road.  I'm sure the commute this morning may have been a bit dicey, especially for those of "us'ns" that live in the MIDDLE OF EGYPT.

And just so I can end on a happier note, here is my Easter cake that I made that I had to practice to make sure it wasn't going to suck be icky.  It's yummy.  IF you like 20 pounds of sugary goodness and pastel colors, that is. {wink wink}  But seriously, it's cream cheese frosting, and it's homemade.  How bad can it be??



No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...