Saturday, March 16, 2013

Even More Random Letters

Dear Facebook,

When I add several pictures at once, as your new set-up encourages, inevitably one or two get "eaten."  Who or what is taking my pictures?  It's like the sock monster in the dryer.  You KNOW you put even pairs in, and you come out with one extra sock.  Well, in this case, I don't end up with one extra anything...it just disappears.  Where do they go?  Oh, and if you happen to know the sock monster, maybe you could tell him (or her) that I would like a word.

Sincerely,
Confused Photographer



Dear Brain,

You can come back whenever you feel like it.  Truly.  I'm not sure where you went, or why, but I miss you, and would enjoy not feeling like an imbecile half the time.  I can't remember my name half the time.  So please, come back....

Sincerely,
Ker......?



Dear Mr. President,

I have very few words I can use to write to you since my mother now has facebook and reads my blog.  However, I would like to point out that some of your spending cuts are pretty darn stupid.  My nephew, a member of the Armed Special Forces, recently spent over a week, most of it in GERMANY, waiting on his airplane, which was down for "mechanical" reasons.  He had just returned from Afghanistan, covering YOUR ass as well as the rest of the country's, has a wife, a 2 year old and a 2 month old baby at home waiting on him, and he's stuck in Germany waiting on a ride home. 

REALLY???

Then, his unit hitched a ride with another unit who had also been waiting, but they went to Maine.  My nephew doesn't live in Maine, he lives in Georgia.  Now in case you are geographically challenged, these two places are approximately 1500 miles apart. 

My niece wanted to buy a civilian plane ticket to get her husband home from Germany, but apparently that's against "regulations."

Either way, it is because of YOUR loathsome attitude toward the United States military that a group of young servicemen were kept away from their families far longer then necessary after protecting YOU and serving in the Middle East.

Maybe you should have held a special press conference with military personnel on stage with you, waving to their families while you said that the most important thing is to protect our military...And that you would do anything to get them home where they belong... After all, you are a terrific dog and pony show-er. Would have been a great PR gig.

They take an oath, you know.  Maybe YOU should have taken something similar.  They "do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice.  So help me God."

Maybe yours should have read: "I, Barack Hussein Obama, do solemnly swear that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against tyrannical despots like myself, and that I will bear true faith and and allegiance to the United States.  That I will obey and support the Constitution of the United States, BY the PEOPLE, FOR the PEOPLE, so help me God."

Sincerely,
Someone Who Cannot WAIT Four More Years!

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...