Monday, March 25, 2013

Old School Blogging


A New Meme: Old School Blogging




I'm totally stealing this from my friend Kate over at Mommy Monologues (which you definitely need to check out because she is HILARIOUS!)

1. What were you doing 10 years ago?

In March of 2003 I had been out of the hospital for just over 2 years.  I was adjusting to life with an incurable illness, we were talking about buying a house, and I was livid that I couldn't go back to work. 

2. What 5 things are on your to-do list?

Just five??
  • Finish laundry today
  • Write my penpals
  • Vacuum
  • Go to the store with Doug, drop off last hack cup to the lab, go to Rite Aid (they have 40% off Almay products and I have a $5.00 coupon off any 2 Almay products.... SCORE!!!)
  • Make sure everything is ready for TRACY AND MARY TO VISIT!!!  AHHHHHH!!!!
3. What are 5 snacks you enjoy?
  •  popcorn
  • pretzels (sourdough of course)
  • celery with chunky peanut butter
  • combos (which I never have in the house)
  • ice cream  

4. Name some things you would do if you were a millionaire.
  • find researchers dedicated to find a cure for MG
  • establish a college fund, etc. for Jacob
  • go shopping
  • take my friends shopping
  • Buy a brand new pimped out SUV of some sort (don't ask me what kind, because I don't even know what's out there... OH but one that can park itself.  That's awesome!)

5. Name some places you have lived.
Michigan.  Indiana.  Michigan.  That's all.
6. Name some bad habits you have:
Bad habits?  Me?  Hmmm.....  Let's see....
I procrastinate when I can't get something done perfectly.
I'm a perfectionist.
I tend to like "more" of just about anything...clothes, jewelry, things to make jewlery, etc.  Need to search for simplicity.  Working on it!
I take on too many commitments and then can't fulfill them all and feel like a total loser.

7. Name some jobs you have had:
  • My first job was unwrapping cactus at my dad's greenhouse when I was like 5.  And what was our pay?  A cactus.  Aren't there child labor laws against that??
  • Hardware stores.  Three different ones.  Yup, I know!  The first thing that comes to mind when you think of me is "power tools."  Synonymous.
  • I was a pharmacy tech in high school.  LOVED that job!!!!
  • I was a telemarketer for about 15 minutes
  • Operations manager at Towne Air Freight. (loved that too)
  • worked at Office Depot
  • substitute teacher
  • small business owner
  • and best of all:  MOM
So...if YOU have a blog, do this meme, and then let me know you did!

1 comment:

hayleyeszti said...

interesting! I did a similar Q&A style post the other day but I wish I saw this one first, it's better!
I want/need celery & PB now!!!! shame we don't have either :(
x Hayley-Eszti

www.hayleyeszti.blogspot.com

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...