Tuesday, April 2, 2013

BUGS!

Not the crawly kind, although certainly still a bit creepy.

As some of you may know, it has been a rough winter for me and my lungs.  Lots of coughing up of blood (I'll spare you the pictures....really.  I took them to show the doc because the questions they ask about it are just crazy.), and pneumonia, CT scans... oh boy!

Last week I did some sputum cultures.  That's the technical jargon for hacking through my trach into a cup so they can check it for bugs.

Well.  The doc called back today and lo and behold, there were indeed some "bugs" in there.  Three to be exact.  The first one is Streptococcus pneumoniae.  Yeah, you can google it if ya want.

The second is pseudomonas. That's a pretty good link, if you want to know.

The last one is proterus.  Seems pretty tame compared to the first two.

Anywho.  So I guess the idea is that these bugs (bacteria) can colonize in my lungs without me being actively sick.  And if I get sick, it could be one or all of these charming, uninvited guests that is the culprit.

And apparently, because of my health status (or lack thereof) these are not things I will ever be able to get rid of completely, medically speaking.

But God is Mighty, and Powerful.  He is my Strong Tower, My Refuge, and My ever-present Help.  He is in control, and I'm good with that.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...