Thursday, July 8, 2010

Update on Jacob


We have a cast. Just cannot catch a break.

The x-rays showed a shadow on the back side of the bone just above the elbow. This depicts an injury that would require a cast, whether or not there is a fracture. They believe there is a fracture however. So that means 6-8 weeks in a cast. We have to go see a bone doctor tomorrow to make sure he agrees with the family doc. They mentioned surgery MAY be a possibility and I was like, that's what THEY think. I saw the x-ray. There is no need for surgery, and if he says that, we will go elsewhere. We'll keep you posted.



Blue & said...

aw, casts are a little cool when you're a kid though, don't worry ;)

however, don't be like my mom - take your kid to get it off when you're supposed to! my mom waited like an extra week or so, those things get itchy! haha. my mom also doesn't like doctors, hence her reasoning...she also didn't believe it was broken until my gma (a nurse) said "you should prob take her to the doc" go figure :)

Karen Mortensen said...

Poor kid. Hope everything goes okay.

CoconutPalmDesigns said...

Oh! Poor Jacob! And what lousy timing, not that there is good timing or anything but with it being so hot right now.

Hugs for him and you and I'll keep you all in my prayers.

Cheers :-)
- Rainforest Mommy

Joanna said...

Arg to say the least. Not a fun time to be in a cast. Between the dogs and now Jacob turn your house into a medi-center. Are you sure you don't want to go do a McTalking this week??

Praying for ya.