Thursday, October 27, 2011

22 Things I HAVE Done

22 Things I HAVE Done
Last week I linked up to Mama Kat's Writing Workshop for the prompt 22 Things I Haven't Done.  Well, this week, I'm doing the same thing (linking up) but I'm writing 22 things I HAVE done. Check it out, and then join the fun and link up for yourself!

1.  I have worked at 3 different hardware stores, one when I was 16 years old, and I used to close the shop at night all by myself.  My how things have changed.

2.  I have driven a semi-tractor.

3.  I have been the first female Operations Manager in the company (and probably one of the youngest), had about 50 employees and LOVED my job.  Then I got sick and had to quit.

4.  I have been to the uppermost northern point of Michigan.

5.  I have been to the Atlantic and Pacific oceans, as well as the Gulf of Mexico.

6.  I have a Bachelor's Degree in elementary education.

7.  I have been married to the same man twice, without ever being separated.

8.  I have had a C-section.

9.  I have had 4 surgeries on my trach.

10.  I have broken a toe and the round bone in my shoulder.

11.  I have only lived in two states in my 40 years;  Michigan and Indiana

12.  I have caught a seagull on a fishing pole.

13.  I have also caught a crab with a fishing pole.

14.  I have been to Florida probably 10 times.

15.  I have been to the Grand Canyon.

16.  I have stood under the St. Louis Arch.

17.  I have flown over the Statue of Liberty.

18.  I have crossed the Continental Divide several times.

19.  I have been to Niagra Falls in Canada.

20.  I have gone to the loo outside on a 5-gallon bucket in October in the Rocky Mountains (at about 10,000 ft)

21.  I have loved and lost and loved again.

22.  I have some of the most precious friends on the planet.



Join the fun!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the idea of chronicling what you HAVE done instead of what we haven't :-)

Rachel said...

Your "What you've done" list looks more like my "What I haven't done" list!!!!
Driving a semi *I'M IMPRESSED*

Mama Up! said...

Pretty cool list! I always wondered what working at a hardware store would be like :)

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...