Saturday, December 31, 2011

Looking Forward

Many years I look back over the year and ponder this or that, wonder what I would have done differently, or bemoan what I did not do.

I decided I've done enough looking back, and this year is all about looking forward.

I'm not making resolutions either.  I have 2 very important goals that I WILL achieve:  I am going on vacation to North Carolina in April to meet my sistah, separated from birth, Cindy.  We will spend a glorious week on the Outer Banks, and then back to her house, then up the east coast to meet another AWESOME MG sister, Rachel.  It will be the most wonderful trip.

My other goal is to get my book published.  I have to finish writing it (I have about 175 pages right now, but it's kind of all over the place), then have it proofed, edit it, and publish it.  It WILL get done.

Other than that, I'm going to enjoy my family.  I'm going to teach my son.  I'm going to live every good day to the fullest, and try to learn something from the not so good ones.

I'm going to cherish the people in my life, and help as many people as possible.  I will inspire and be inspired.  I will teach and be taught.  I will love and be loved.

So here is to 2012:  may it bring us all a little closer to each other, a lot closer to the God of Creation, and more benevolent than ever before.

Thank you for sharing my journey with me in 2011;  one thing I can promise about 2012 and me:  It won't be boring! God Bless!

2 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

Kerri, You are amazing!! I hope that you know and remember that you are loved and needed doing just what you are doing now.

Anonymous said...

C...O...U...N...T...I...N...G...with you!!!! Yee Haw!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...