Monday, August 9, 2010

Catching Up

Well, it's been a little crazy over here! Last Thursday night Joanna and I went to hear a Christian woman who used to be a witch. She was a medium, psychic and ghosthunter. I am so absloutely creeped out by all that stuff that it was tough to hear some of it...Just goes to show how different God makes us! This lady Kristine McGuire, was wonderful to listen to. She said she was always fascinated by the supernatural.



I personally, have always been freaked out by the supernatural. Unless it's an angel comingor God Himself, I don't want to see it. Let me tell you after listening to Kristine I rean home for my Bible!



The most shocking, scary thing she told us is about one of her "investigations" at a "haunted" place. She could "feel" the spirits there. She said that at this particular place, she felt the urge to cast out this "ghost" in the name of Jesus. (Kristine was saved at a very young age and given the gift of discernment). She had not spoken the name of Jesus in almost 8 years.



So very non-chalantly, she speaks "In the name of Jesus you need to leave. You're not wanted here, and you can't come back." Then she kind of looked around and waiting. Nothing.



A little while later her group lead send her an audio (I think it's called an EVP or something). She listened to it. It picked up right AFTER she had spoken the name of Jesus. She then said she heard on the audio what could nly be described as an inhuman scream.



Yup. I about peed myself right there.



Her husband is a compuer audio technician, so she asked him to evaluate the recording to make sure it was genuine. He did, and it was.



Kristine says she fell on her face and begged God to forgive her...she has had an insatiable desire for Scripture even since. Praise God.



I tell you this not to scare you, but to share that this stuff is NOTHING to be messed with! Shoes like "Ghosthunters" glorify this stuff....all it really is is messing around with the demonic. If that's what you're into...wellll...go ahead.



There are no such things as human spirits. Aunt Helen is not pacing the floor upstairs, and Uncle George isn't flushing the toilet. As Kristine said most things have a natural cause. Houses do settle, pipes can rattle, floors can squeak. IF, however, none of these pan out, you call your pastor and start speakng the name of Jesus.

Human spirits leave the body when the person dies. They either go to meet God face to face, or go to a place of separation from God. Any "spirit" that you encounter are demons from the pit of hell. It's really that simple!



But we don't have to be afraid! We have the authority to cast out demons in Jesus' name.

Luke 10:18-20 (New International Version) 18He replied, "I saw Satan fall like lightning from heaven. 19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven."

Anyway, she has a book on the subject, so check out her website: www.kristinemcguire.com

Also, my eyes have been a bit buggy even WITH my glasses, but without them I can't IMAGINE how bad it would be!

Oh, and my hair now hair light blue, metallic blue and magenta along with what's left of my plain ol brown. Time to shake things up a bit.

All I can say is if the bottle says "violet" ya don't expect light blue!!!! More on that later.


Photobucket

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...