Friday, November 11, 2011

Veterans Day

Today, we remember.

I am thankful:

1.  For all those who so willingly sacrificed their lives for this country, so that MY family can be safe and live in a country where we have freedoms others would literally kill or die to have.

2.  For the families of those who serve, who are also willing to make the sacrifice of having their loved one gone.  Missing birthdays.  Missing their babies being born...their first steps....they first words....their first everythings... We need to remember this every. single. day.  People are missing loved ones right now so that WE can be free.

3.  For those who have served in the past and are living among us today.  For those, especially like the veterans from Vietnam, who did not receive a hero's welcome:  YOU ARE HEROES.  You deserved so much more.  Thank you for your service.

4.  For God, who protects our service men and women, who hears our prayers.

5.  For a country in which I can write what I want to without fear of punishment.  I can talk about my faith, I can criticize the government, I can express MY opinion without hesitation because we live in a free land.  But as the saying goes, "Freedom isn't Free."  MANY have paid in blood, sweat and tears so we can have these privileges.  Let's not take that for granted.  Let's remember veterans EVERY day, not just on November 11.

God Bless Us All.

2 comments:

Robin said...

Amen.

Thanks again for stopping by on my SITS day. And thanks for talking about chronic illness. It's so important for us to all share our stories so that we don't feel so alone. That's one of the best things about blogging.

I hope you have a lovely weekend.

Pitterle Postings said...

Love your list Kerri!!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...