Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Random Facts About Me

Okay.  So my brain is not working today.  It is overworked and under-rested.  So.  Thought I'd just share some things about me you may or may not know.

1.  I am the youngest of 5 children. 
2.  I never wanted an only child. (No offense to only children, I just always wanted a LOT of them).
3.  I went to college right after high school at Indiana Wesleyan University.  I was an elementary education major.  I wanted to go straight through to get my Master's and then my PhD.  Not sure what happened there.
4.  I didn't know what I wanted to be "when I grew up" until my senior year of high school.  In 3rd grade I wanted to be a doctor.  Until 8th grade when we had to poke our own finger to check our blood type and I almost passed out.  Little did I know I would become a professional medical patient instead.
5.  I am working on a "life list."  Not a bucket list.  My life list will be as many or as few things I want to do, maybe 100, (because it's a nice number for those of us with OCD), but will not guilt myself about if I do not do them.  Some will be big, some small.  I will eventually put it on my blog so ya'll can know how silly I am my deepest aspirations and dreams.
6.  I got married when I was 29, and had my first and only child at 35.
7.  I have a brother who lives in California whom I hardly ever see or talk to, and I hate it.
8.  I can speak a little bit of Spanish.  Little.  Pocito.  No mas.
9.  My oldest sister taught me how to count to 100 in German when I was 4 years old (I was smart back then...kinda like a trick pony), and I still remember how.
10. I love to read, but haven't had time or energy to do so lately.  When I was in 2nd grade, one other girl and I were in our own reading group because we were ahead of everyone else.  Don't know what happened to my brain, but it's not like that anymore.

So there you have it.  10 completely random, unimportant "all about me" trivia.  Whoo-Hoo.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...