Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Why I Fight So Hard

"If you want to build a ship, don't herd people together to collect wood and don't assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea." -Antoine De Saint-Exupery

I can spout off facts and figures til I'm blue in the face, but unless I get people to CARE, it doesn't matter.  I do whatever I can...I make jewelry to sell so I can donate to the MGFA on a regular basis.  I have this blog on which I am very open about my struggles and victories.

I have put videos on youtube where I have bed-head and not a stitch of make up on (and this from a girl who used to not even walk out to the mailbox without makeup on!).  I am willing to embarrass myself and talk about things that 10 years ago I wouldn't even whisper about.

Why?

Because I want people to UNDERSTAND.  I don't want to order them around and tell them to give money here and there or whatever.....I want them to "long for" people with chronic illness and  develop compassion and caring for their fellowman.

Call me a hopeless optimist.  I just have to believe there is more.  That there is better.  That people can love and be decent to one another.  If I didn't have that to hang my hat on, I'd have a hard time holding my head up at all.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...