Sunday, March 4, 2012

What A Weird Winter

Good grief.  What a bizarre winter we are having this year!  Last week one day it was 60 degrees.  In Michigan.  In February.  Today, there's 3 inches on snow on the ground that we got overnight.  Later this week it's supposed to be 50 and sunny.

CRAZY!

I remember as a kid walking through 3 feet of snow to get to school (on a cement sidewalk, not uphill both ways barefoot, blah blah blah).  Seriously...snow would come in the winter and it would STAY.  I remember trick-or-treating in the snow.  Being mad because we had a cool costume and had to wear our big ol' winter coats over them.

This year, we've had snow on the ground like 4 times, and then it goes away.  AND, by the way, every time it snowed this winter (except for today) I have HAD to get out somewhere. CRAZY.  Anywho.  Just strange.

On a totally different note...I was correcting CBI lessons this morning (Crossroad Bible Instititue), which are bible lessons from prisoners all over the country.  Sometimes inmates do it for brownie points, and you can totally tell.  But the REAL joy, is when I get lessons like I had this morning, when you see a REAL change in someone's life.  I've been doing this for almost 12 years, and I've seen alllllll types.  The ones like today are just a blessing.

In one lesson, I can tell that they really get it, IF they are sincere.  I had one this morning that just warmed my heart.  This young man got saved in prison, and it's just SO cool to read about how his life has changed, and how he REALLY understands God's grace and mercy and forgiveness.  So cool.  Gives me hope, ya know?

Anywho.  Hope you all have a fantastic day!

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...