Monday, July 30, 2012

A Few Grateful Words

Wow.  I have some serious "thanks" today....

First of all, I'm thankful that my pheresis went so well on Friday, and am praying it goes just as well today, if not better than Friday!

I also want to thank the many friends and family who have generously donated to my Give Forward page that Jen Walsh so lovingly created for my family.  I was overwhelmed she did that, and I'm overwhelmed by the generosity of my loved ones.

Thank you to all of you who pray for me, for my family, and for my other MG friends.  Please continuing praying for a cure.

I'm so, so thankful to Karen and Kerry, my cousins and friends, who haven given my son a gift I could never give him....They are camping, and they took my son, so he can have 5 days of being a "normal" little boy.  Playing with kids outside, on a playground, fishing, swimming, running around and playing tag...all the things I cannot do with him.

Even after the first night of him waking up 4 times, screaming, being exceedingly difficult, they are keeping him! (I haven't dared ask about last night because I have a treatment today and I don't want to be stressed out.)  I told Karen I was going to come and get him yesterday because I didn't want him ruining their camping trip by them not getting any sleep...and she insisted he stay.

That touched my heart in a way that few will ever understand.  My heart breaks at the things Jacob has to miss out on because of my illness.  Even as I write this the screen is blurred by my tears.  The gift that Karen and Kerry are giving my beautiful child is priceless.  Thank you girls.  I love you both from the bottom of my heart.

And thank you to my mom and dad, who are always willing to bail me out.  They were going to totally rearrange their plans so that they could take Jacob today if need be.  I had told them they didn't need to watch him, so they made plans to do other stuff....and then yesterday, I call my mom in a panic because I'm thinking I have to get Jacob and find somewhere for him to go...and she calmly says, "You just bring him here, honey.  We'll figure it out."

I'm so thankful to have parents who love me so much.

There's so much more, but I can't really see to type anymore, and I have to get going for my treatment.  Thank you to all of my wonderful friends and family...you ALL are a gift from God.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Hi Kerri,

I found your blog a little while a go. It;s been a blessing. I was looking for a contact button. I am also a homeschool mom with chronic illness and was wondering if you would be willing to give me advice.

Thanks!!
Robin

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...