Wednesday, August 15, 2012

To Jacob on His 6th Birthday

Dear Jacob,

I can't believe it has been 6 years since you came into my life.  I remember every detail of your life.  I took 100 pictures a day, I think, because I didn't want to forget one second.  Every outfit.  Every movement.  Every smile.  Every landmark moment.

I remember silly things, like how every time I made you laugh you got the hiccups.  I remember difficult things, like how hard it was to burp you, and how Mommy's arms just couldn't hold up.
I remember wonderful things....like holding you while you napped, and just staring into your precious, beautiful, angelic face, and seeing the miracle of you.

It was hard getting you here.  Mommy was very, very weak during almost her whole pregnancy.  But it didn't matter.  I loved having you grow inside me.  I got to watch you grow on the inside because Mommy had lots and lots of ultrasounds.  I could even see your chubby cheeks on the ultrasound at 20 weeks!

There are so many things I want for you;  I don't know where to begin.  I guess most importantly I want you to know that I love you to the moon and back.  You are my heart.  You give me joy. Your smile lights up the darkest day.  I want you to grow up and be a man of character and integrity.  Remember that.  There is NOTHING more important.  Be a man of your word.  Love God first.  Always.

There will be times in life when you feel all alone, and maybe even a little scared. That's okay.  God is with you. He will never leave you.  Not ever.  He will comfort you and be with you all the days of your life.  Live for Him first.  Everything else will fall into place.

Mommy wants nothing more than for you to be happy.  I will do whatever I can to make that happen. You are such a precious gift to me.  You are a MIRACLE.  Mommy never thought in a million years that I could do what I did when I had you.  God wanted YOU to be born.  Not any other child that Mommy and Daddy could have created, but YOU.

You can do anything with God on your side.  Remember that.  I love you with all of my heart and then some.  You are the most precious, priceless child.  I thank God for you every day, and pray that you will grow up strong, healthy, and that you will love God as long as you live.

To my very special precious boy:  I love you.  And Happy, Happy Birthday.
Love
Mommy  


No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...