Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Warning: NOT A Pretty Sight

So this is me 2 nights ago right before bed.  I realized (thanks to my dear friend Karen) that I always have my eyebrows raised to try to keep my eyes looking "normal".  So, I completely relaxed my face, "a naturale", and here I am.  AAAHHHH!  And my hair...yikes!  I've been too tired to wash it, so it's in the permanent "up" position.  Yikes.

I couldn't BELIEVE how bad it was!  I'm so droopy!  As some of you know, I have not been feeling well for the last week or so.  But now I've got this super tired, dizzy-light-headed thing going on.  I really don't know what my neuro would do; it's not like he really KNOWS me.  Probably order more pheresis, but my veins can only take so much.  I have a treatment scheduled for the 28th.

It's just weird.  I hate this disease.  Up and down, up and down.  I'm basically doing as "nothing" as possible, but it's hard.  I want to vacuum, there's laundry that needs to be done...I did manage a few dishes today.  But if I stand for too long I get dizzy.  And it's so hard on Jacob.  That's what's really been getting me down.  I totally snapped at him today, but he was driving me crazy! He's SO loud, and SO busy, and I'm just SO exhausted and MG-ish.... I have to be EVERYTHING to him... mom, teacher, friend, psychologist, nurse, playmate, nutritionist, cook....the list goes on forever.  And I just. can't. do. it.

I think this is just a "crash" that was a long time coming.  I was too busy for too long, pushing my limits, overstepping my physical boundaries, and it finally caught up to me.  At least I'm sleeping at night!!

Anywho.  Please remember me, and all my MG friends in your prayers.  We REALLY need to find a cure.  Thanks.

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...