Thursday, April 2, 2009

Walking the walk

Many thanks to dear friends who have offered their support and encouragement during this tough time for me physically right now. I'm as bad as I have been in years, and it's really difficult with a 2 year old. My family stepped up to the plate, (thanks Deb, Rachel, and mom! and Lori for offering!! Love you all) and many friends offered to help (all at the same time, which was funny to me!) But to each and every one of you, a heart felt thanks. It's so easy to just not respond, or to send a card instead, but for those of you that said," What do you need?" I say, thank you my friends. Thank you from the bottom of my heart.

I realize that a lot of this was last minute (thus the word emergency!) and many of you had packed schedules. Thank you for responding and just letting me know you'd pray. You are the hands and feet of Jesus, and you make me heart sing.

BIG thanks to Joanna and the boys who will be at my house at 8:30 AM (Yes, morning).... I know you guys are night owls, and I know this IS a sacrifice...please know I really appreciate you, and love your whole family like my own.

Please just pray I get through this day (Doug has an appt. after work and a meeting tonight), and that the treamtment goes well again tomorrow.

"And this is my prayer: that your love may abound more and more in knowledge and depth of insight, so that you may be able to discern what is best and may be pure and blameless until the day of Christ, filled with the fruit of righteousness that comes through Jesus Christ—to the glory and praise of God." Philippians 1:9-11

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...