Well, it's DEFINITELY time again for me to pull my attitude out of the crapper and be thankful on purpose. I have so much to be thankful for, and just need to concentrate on it today.
1. I am thankful that God's mercies are new every morning. NO matter how badly I screw up, He will forgive, truly forget, and start every new day with a clean slate. That needs to be number one on EVERYONE'S thankful list.
2. I am thankful that we have a wood burner, and don't have to pay up to $3.00 a gallon for fuel oil to heat our house. I'm thankful we have woods all around us and don't have to pay for wood. I am thankful that Doug is able to get all the wood we need for winter by himself, so far.
3. I am thankful that my husband is a Christian man, has a good job, is hard working, faithful, trustworthy, loving, a wonderful providor and a great dad. (He's awfully cute too!)
4. I am thankful I have a beautiful, healthy, smart, loving, busy, crazy, amazing, gregarious, precocious, full-of-life little boy, when I thought I never could.
5. I am thankful for the friends that I have that I know I can count on for WHATever, WHENever. Thank you for letting me know that I can depend on you, call you in the middle of the night (only for an emergency, I promise! :P ) I love you and appreciate you more than you can know.
6. I am thankful I have this computer, (as much as I complain about dial-up) because it allows me to keep in touch with everyone I love.
7. I am thankful for music. It moves me like nothing else can.
8. I am thankful that although I have health issues, I can see and hear. I can walk, and talk, maybe not perfectly, but I can.
9. I am thankful that this life is not all we have. That when the time comes, I will be in the presence of God Almighty, and I long to hear "Well done, good and faithful servant." I will be whole again. There will be no more night. No more pain. No more tears. I will be reunited with those gone before, and meet fellow Christian friends I have not had the privilege to meet in this lifetime.
10. I am thankful to YOU, the folks reading this blog, who take the time to read my words.
May we all find something we are thankful for today. I'd love to hear what YOU'RE thankful for...leave a comment!