Friday, June 25, 2010

Meet the Author!

Last night I met Lorilee Craker, who wrote "Through The Storm" with Lynne Spears (yes, Britney's mom.). I got an autographed copy of the book, and am excited to read it.

I have never had one iota of interest in Britney Spears or her family, but the way Lorilee talked about her, she just sounded like someone I wanted to "meet." Lorilee told us a lot about what we DIDN'T know, hear, or read about in the tabloids about the Spears family. She spoke of Lynne's deep faith in God, and how that ept her going through the tough times. I was intrigued to say the least.

Lorilee also told of the lessons she learned while on the journey through co-writing this book.
She learned to "live loved." That God is our advocate. That he is FOR us, supports us, chooses us. God loves us. So much. Imagine the person you love more than anyone on the planet. Think about how you feel about them...and multiply that times infinity. I think my favorite thing about Lorilee is that she said she was a word geek. I LOVE that! I am a self-proclaimed "word nerd!"

She also learned to "fully rely on God." This is something I can totally relate to. Having a chronic illness means living moment by moment. And I truly mean "moment" not like experience, but like minute-to-minute. I do not know how I will feel when I wake up, or 5 minutes after that, or 5 minutes after that. So I have learned (well, almost!) how to go with the flow! But more importantly, I have learned that God is in control, and He will sustain me.

I will let you know how I like the book, but go check out Lorilee's website. She's written lots of other books; some on parenting, some on baby names....just go check it out.

Here's hoping or a healthy weekend for all!

Photobucket

2 comments:

Karen Mortensen said...

Glad you were able to meet her and be enlighted by her words. Good words from you too.

Pam said...

sounds like you had a wonderful experience meeting her and hearing her "life story"
thank you for reminding me how we need to rely on God moment by moment and that He loves us so much more than all we could ever imagine! what a thought!dde

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...