So I'm going to do two things....I'm going to tell you 30 random things about me (and you can multiply them by 10, because I'm pretty passionate...plus it will spare you from reading 300 things about me!!)
The SECOND thing is that I'm doing a giveaway! More about that in a minute.
1. Purple is my favorite color.
2. I went to private school my whole life, and would never put Jacob in private school.
3. I am home-schooling Jacob.
4. I am the youngest of 5 children.
5. My sister Michelle was killed in a car accident when I was 16 (she was 18), so now there's 4 of us, but we're all married, so it's kind of like 8 of us!
6. My parents have been married for over 50 years.
7. If I was a boy my name was going to be Glen. No offense to any "Glens" out there, but ewww!
8. I knew on the very first date with my husband that I was going to marry him.
9. My favorite job I ever had was working 2nd shift at Towne Air Freight as the PM Supervisor.
10. I was learning how to drive a semi when I had to leave my job due to my illness.
11. I'm usually in my pajamas when I blog. (hehehhe)
12. My middle name is Sue.
13. I'm a word nerd. My favorite book (other than the Bible) is my Synonym Finder. True Love.
14. I have never been out of the country, well, except Canada...before the whole passport thing.
15. I went to college in Indiana and graduated with a Bachelor of Science (I was going to put B.S. but that leaves the door open waaaaay too wide....) in Elementary Education.
16. I did a four year program in 3 1/2 years.
17. I could live on pizza, cheese, bread and chocolate. No problem.
18. I like spring and fall. Winter is too cold for the MG and summer is too humid.
19. The best trip I've ever been on was 5 1/2 years ago when Doug and I drove across the country to the Grand Canyon.
20. The Rocky Mountains are my favorite place on earth.
21. I've always wanted to be a foster parent who adopts kids that no one else wants, and have like 50 kids over the course of my lifetime. Can't seem to find anyone to agree with me on that one though...
22. Extreme Home Makeover always makes me cry.
23. I love writing. I'm writing a book about my life with MG.
24. I like to give more than I like to receive. Don't get me wrong, receiving is cool, but it's a rush to me whan I can give someone something that they really want or need.
25. Blogging has given me so much purpose...meeting people who really think I can make a difference.
26. I've worked in 3 different hardware stores, and as a pharmacy tech. during summers at home from college.
27. I've been married for almost 10 years.
28. If I had a super power, it would be the ability to fly.
29. I love to make people laugh.
30. Everyone reading this has a special place in my heart, and I really can't thank you enough for taking the time to read my stuff.
So.....(sorry if I have any guy readers....I guess if you comment and win you would give this to your wife!) The giveaway is Joyce Meyer's book "The Confident Woman", and also her DVD titled, "Be Confident." The giveaway will be open until Sunday, March 28. Just leave a comment to enter. Good luck!!