Monday, January 30, 2012

Actions...

What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.              - Ralph Waldo Emerson
How I wish people understood this.  Even before I got sick, I was a biggie on "Say what you mean, and mean what you say."
If you don't mean it, don't say it.  It's not that tough.  If you aren't going to call, don't tell me you are.  If you're not going to "stop by sometime," don't tell me you will.
If you say you miss me, show me.
If you say you love me, show me.
Words are meaningless unless your actions give them meaning.  I can spout off about anything, but unless I have the conviction to back up what I'm saying with how I'm acting, I'm just a babbling fool.
Just think about that, will you?

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...