Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Beads, Beads, Beads!

Holy crow.  Yesterday I had the bright idea to sort through all my stuff and re-organize it in a more user-friendly way.  HA!  What a MESS!!!  Joanna and I went out the other day and got some new things...not a TON, but we picked through a big ol' mess of beads for a good hour... I completely zoned out, so poor Joanna was starving to death by the time I finished...but anyway. 

So I haul everything to the dining room table and start sorting.  First of all, I remove all the plastic beads.  I just don't use them.  I look back to the very first few things I made and I'm like OH MY GOSH no way.  Hideous.  My husbands Auntie Jean ordered a bracelet from me at the very beginning of this endeavor.  She needed a new clasp on it because I bought some magnet closures that didn't stay closed very well (live and learn!)

When I got it in the mail I just couldn't believe someone actually paid for that.  So I completely redid it.  I could NOT send that back to her! So I replaced all the plastic beads with glass and crystals and sent it back... I think she liked the newer version!

I really can't believe how much fun it is to make jewelry.  I'm also not sure why it took me so long to get into this....I LOVE jewelry.  Always have.  I had to wait til I was 12 to get my ears pierced and I nearly DIED! And I always liked the real stuff.  Yup.  I've ALWAYS been high maintenance!  : )

Anyway.  So I got probably 80% of it done, but the 20% on the table is still a hot mess, so I need to go put the rest where it belongs....

And yes, Joanna, I see beads when I close my eyes.....even when I simply blink. Ug.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I have to say your 2012 collection is so artistic and original - so of course I couldn't help but buy myself a bit of bling ;) VERY professional!

Rachel said...

Crafting makes you become a HOARDER,I can't just buy one or two of something...It's buy, buy, buy...You should see my yarn stash, fabric stash, paper stash, the list goes on and on!

Have a great time with ALL your beads!!!!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...