Friday, May 28, 2010

Random Thoughts

1. I am so completely OCD. I can't stop doing a crossword puzzle until either it's done, or all the words going across match up in a straight line.

2. I was at the doctors office Wednesday and the front two table legs of their perfectly lovely evenly sided square coffee side table were tapered in from top to bottom. WHY?!?!??! I couldn't concentrate the entire visit.

3. Did you know you can walk a bumble bee? Catch them (Jacob had 3 in his butterfly house the other day), put them in the freezer for 10 minutes (this won't kill them, just slow 'em down a lot), and you can gently tie a string on them and take them for a walk as they come out of it.

4. The caterpillars that make beautiful butterflies are hideous. I think there's a life lesson in there somewhere.

5. Going to Ann Arbor today. Plasmapheresis. I've had somewhere around 300 plasmapheresis treatments in the past 10 years. Maybe more.

6. We went swimming for the first time this season last night. Jacob has grown about 5 inches since last summer, according to where the water hits him.

7. Our black lab thinks that our homemade duck pond is a fantastic swimming pool.

8. I completely overdid it yesterday, but this morning fell much better. Not 100%, but close to my "normal." (No comment from the peanut gallery).

9. I love to write more than anything else in the world. I'm a word nerd. Finding just right word for the right occasion, LOVE IT. Guess that's why I like to teach.

10. Blogging has opened up a whole new world to me, and I love it. I have met some amazing people. Some not so amazing, but overall it's been a hugely positive experience. I can totally be me, and most people get that. Very cool.

Hope everyone has a FANTASTIC Memorial Day weekend. Don't forget to thank a vet!!!

No comments:

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...