Friday, December 10, 2010

Being Thankful

Well, now to counter-act yesterday's icky, whiny post. It's all still true, but ridiculous nonetheless. I have SO much to be thankful for!



1. My God. He loves me even when I do act like a 2 year old spoiled child. And I'm so thankful that He does. Cuz it happens waaay more than it should!



2. My husband. He is a Christian, he is a man of character, and he is the hardest worker I know. He is a wonderful provider, husband and Daddy.



3. My friends. Though they may be few and far between, they are the BEST!! {Joanna, I LOVE YOU!!!}

4. My computer. And therefore, my internet friends! I am blessed to have just recently met a few more wonderful ladies through the "giraffe tribe" via SITS. They are kind and love the Lord and have been a great encouragement to me. Then there are my "old" interpeeps...from New Jersey (via Dallas) Belize, California, New Hampshire, Florida....and everywhere in between. I am so thankful for this darn computer. I'm not very technologically savvy, but it keeps me connected to people I love.

5. My precious, precious child. Jacob has made me a better person. A better friend, woman, wife and daughter. He has helped me realize how very much God must love me, because I love that child more than I thought possible to love another human being. And I'm SO imperfect. And God, and His Love, are SO perfect!

Thanks for the comments and keeping me encouraged guys....most days my blog, e-mail and facebook are the only "people" I interact with. (Thank God I don't' have a webcam yet...or I'd have to start doing my makeup!)

May you all have a BLESSED weekend.
Love to you all.

4 comments:

Pitterle Postings said...

I really do hope it is a better day for you!! We all have so many things to be thankful for and it is so easy to forget it when things are not easy. We all whine a little from time to time and some of us don't even have good enough reasons to be that way!! I really have learned though that the more positive I am, the better I feel. For some reason the very act of trying brings amazing results. Have a wonderful day!!

Joanna said...

Oh Sweetie, I think your super power is putting up with me! Would not have done well this last year if it wasn't for you. You've been my life line to some form of sanity. Hugs my friend!

pilgrim said...

Sometimes we need to actually be still and write all these things down, just as you did! One thing that I keep reminding myself is that you can only really focus on one thought at a time. So if you fill your head with a positive thought, there is no space for the negative!

I've put this line on my blog as well and is something I fall back on often myself - 'Everything that is above my head is at the Lord's feet!'

Have a wonderful weekend with that amazing family of yours! :)

Renee said...

Glad you could list these . . . sometimes just saying or writing out what I'm thankful for makes such a huge difference!

Love Changes Everything by Micah Berteau - A Book Review

If you're not familiar with the story of Hosea and Gomer in the Bible, it's really quite shocking.  Here's my brief synopsis...